Monday 19 March 2012

New Order to Fortunato Depero

While doing research and looking for inspiration for my self initiated brief, i was looking through this book 
Factory records the complete graphic album. (its great BTW)

I saw these Cd sleeves for New order procession, I like the clean technological feel and the different colour prints, which is something I consider doing

I read that this was influenced by Fortunato Depero, an Italian from the futurist movement
 
Peter Saville was influenced by Depero's design and made it into his factory records logo ; where he has added work tools associated with the Factory theme

I then went on to look at more work by Fortunato Depero, where I found out he was a painter, stage designer and graphic designer and part of the Italian futurist movement.  The Futurists had a great love of speed, technology, war, and violence. They loved technological triumphs of humanity, like cars, planes, and the industrial town, over nature.
Here's some more of his work
 

I also found it interesting that he did the packaging design for Campari Soda, which is still in use today





No comments:

Post a Comment